Raising Money for Prostate Cancer research

F1;Nascar;IndyCar;Roundies;belt sander racing

Raising Money for Prostate Cancer research

Postby Greg Jewell » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:19 am

Hey everyone,

I'm sure you've all heard of the month of November at some point in your lives. What you may not have heard of is "Movember". Movember is a month long fundraiser for Prostate Cancer research and it works a little something like this:

Participants in "Movember" are required to perform a clean shave on November 1st. Then, for the rest of the month, they must grow and groom a mustache and collect pledges. The participants must take a photo of themselves every Monday morning during Mobember and must post these pictures on their "Mo Space" as proof of their mustache growing.

All donations collected go directly to Prostate Cancer Canada and will be used to research and find cures for the disease as well as going to raising awareness through public education.

Some coworkers and I have decided to form a team and participate in Movember this year. If any of you are interested in making a donation or even just following my "progress", please check out my Mo Space at http://ca.movember.com/mospace/652138/. If you do wish to make a donation, please click the "Donate to me" button and follow the steps. A tax receipt will be e-mailed to you for any donations that you make.

Thank you very much.

-Greg
Greg Jewell
#64 Senior Heavy
2012 Senior Heavy Champion
NCKC President 2011-2012
Greg Jewell
F1 Driver

Kart Number: 64

Return to Non-Kart Racing